Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

Handmade Cards & Gifts for All Occasions

The Countdown to Christmas is on ...

Halloween isn't even over yet and already I'm seeing '80 more sleeps to Christmas'.  I'm busy making handmade Christmas cards and putting together some beautiful and unique gifts.  So what's the first thing you organise for your Countdown to Christmas?  For me it's generally the cake, I like to make it well in advance and use lots of whiskey or brandy.  Though I don't eat it I really love the smell of Christmas cake baking in the oven :).  Then I look at presents.  I hate the idea of last minute shopping when everyone else is out and about.  Having kids the list usually starts on St Stephen's Day!!!!  And so they're not disappointed I must admit I get them to write their Santa letters early so they can be sure of getting what they want.

Then I start on my cards.  Again this is something I like to take my time over.  There's nothing more special and appreciated than a handmade card.  They can be personalised is so many ways - names, titles, pictures that compliment their likes and hobbies, humour can be added with the personal touch and loads more.  In the current climate when we are all cutting back on the little luxuries in life it's nice to be able to tell someone we remember them at Christmas, or indeed any time of year, without spending a fortune.  So I put together my list of who I want to send to and then I decide what I want to make in a card to suit them (or indeed what I would like someone else to make for me - don't forget that's what I'm here for).

Then it's those unique gifts for my loved ones.  Though I admit I do tend to look around all year for things - I'm a bit of a gatherer.  Again gifts don't need to be generic or expensive, personalised is best and I don't mean in a gaudy way.  Something as simple as a keepsake card with a picture of you and your family would make a gorgeous present for any grandparents or godparents.  I love looking around for Christmas gift ideas that I can personalise for my friends and family.

So in your Countdown to Christmas why not pop over to 'Crafty Toppers' on Etsy.com shop or Facebook and have a goo at what's in store.  Don't forget all cards and gifts can be personalised to suit your loved ones likes.  Let me know what you think of my ideas so far and pop back soon for more ideas and offers.  I look forward to hearing from you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment