Pages

Friday 29 May 2015

The Stories Behind Some of my Favourite Photographs

 One of my passions is photography.  I took it up in earnest over a year ago and have since loved capturing some magical moments with my children.  It's great that I can combine it with lots of my other favourite things too, such as food :)

 This was one of my first 'staged' food photos.  I made them purely because of the name ... Knock You Naked Brownies ... and if you make these for your loved one that's what will happen.  These truly are the most amazing brownies I've ever had and incredibly easy (I'll post the recipe soon I promise).
 When my kids are off school I try and get out somewhere.  This pic was taken in the Collins Barracks Museum in Dublin (the one near Heuston).  Now the more professional photographers among you will point out the many, many things wrong with this pic and it's not one that would print well but I love.  I just love the lighting in it.  And I may add the museum is a fab spot to spend a day.
 Many of you will have seen this pic before as it's probably one of the most photographed rooms in Dublin.  It's the Long Room in Trinity College.  It's housed in the same building as the Book of Kells.  Absolutely gorgeous and the smell of old books and peace and quiet means you could stay all day and just chill.
 My mum and dad recently moved into a new house next door to me.  They have the most fabulous garden, especially at this time of year when the flowers are all coming out.  I'm not sure what this one is and neither are they so they asked me to photograph it so they could ask in garden club.  It was a beautiful morning with a light frost from the night before.
 I love this one if for no other reason than I got to eat cake afterwards :)  My poor countertop hasn't been as shiny since.  I wanted to try and capture what tea should be like ... china teacups and cake on a stand.  I like the reflection too it just seems to work well.
 Found these little guys on a shrub which was being thrown out and ended up in my garden.  We were checking if it was actually alive.  I love the way the red and brown just work.
 This was a sad, sad day.  I had bought my tickets and I was ready to go but then the Garth Brooks concert last year got cancelled :( I was not a happy bunny.  So I donned my skinny jeans, cowboy hat and guitar and took this one.  This was my first selfie with an actual camera not a phone and I really like it.  All it's missing is the pint of Guinness ready to be sipped between sets :)
 Every year we head off nice and early to Tullamore Show (for those outside Ireland, or city folk, it's the largest county agricultural show in Ireland).  Last year I had my camera in hand and snapped the day away.  Just wandering around I came across this beauty and it's my favourite shot of the day (out of about 500 pics!!!!)
So that's it folks.  Just a small selection but I hoped you've enjoyed them.  I'll leave you with a panoramic view of Laois / Offaly.  On a beautiful day you can truly see for miles and I think it shows off our little country quite nicely.  See you soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment